WiFi connection issue

AndyBennion 11:13 27 Oct 2014

Hi all I have recently done a factory reset my Dell PC It runs on Vista To log into my WiFi it is asking me for credentials: User name, password and logon domain I have no idea what to do - help!! Andy

northumbria61 22:13 27 Oct 2014

You don't need a username or a logon domain. You just need to double click the name of your wireless network, then enter your wireless network password (also called network key, WAP or WEP.

acejunior 23:53 27 Oct 2014

since you reset it to factory setting maybe it;s asking for you to properly set it up again like other usual wifi routers, you should go over your manual if you still have it if not just google the logon domain it will be something like 198.128. 72.1 <--- something like that, then you should be able to access the "control panel/webpage" of your router , and since it was reset to factory default im guessing the the user name and password will be something lik admin:1234 or Admin:1234 anyways best of luck~

lotvic 11:50 29 Oct 2014

On the back/underneath of your router will be a sticker with the WiFi name and WiFi password. These are what you use to make a WiFi connection from your computer to your router.

Choose the router's name from the list of available WiFi networks and type in the WiFi password that is on the sticker on the router.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?