Why Should I Change

Input Overload 07:17 28 Sep 2009

Ever since Win 95 I have run the beta of each MS OS, & upgraded to final on day 1. But this time I feel that I'm quite happy with Vista, it's stable, fast & I use Stardock Window Blinds & Icon Packager so my desk can look like any OS I want.

As I've not run the beta of 7 can anyone give me good reasons to do a full reinstall & move over to 7 in October? Thanks.

morddwyd 07:54 28 Sep 2009

All I can say is that I have found Win 7 so much better than Vista.

I found Vista so bad that I actually removed it and installed a a retail copy of XP.

However, if you're already happy with Vista there seems little point in spending money on a new O/S just for the sake of it.

Pine Man 10:46 28 Sep 2009

Like you I am very pleased indeed with Vista and I agree that it's very stable and fast.

I also run W7 alongside Vista and although it isn't any more stable (Vista has never let me down)it is certainly faster and a lot, lot easier to install.

I have been running Windows since 3.11 and I have tried all of the various versions to date. On the 22nd October (if Microsoft play ball) I will definitely be updating to W7 having pre-ordered my copy.

Input Overload 12:15 28 Sep 2009

I might put 7 on :-) Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?