Why do we have a separate Vista forum ?

mooly 08:23 12 Dec 2008

I ask because most seem to post in "Helproom" anyway. Is it because they think it will get noticed more.

Pine Man 09:11 12 Dec 2008

I think that Helproom is to big and threads disappear of the bottom of the page too quickly.

I suspect that before long Vista Forum will probably become Windows 7 Forum;-))

mooly 11:34 12 Dec 2008

I agree. Part of the problem is that there is a lot of crossover anyway. A Vista problem may well be similar and with similar solutions to XP and vice versa.
No easy answer is there. Maybe hardware, software, network, accesories, USB etc as categories. Dunno ! It is a bit unmanageable as is though.

sunnystaines 14:21 12 Dec 2008

I asked once why vista posts were not moved to the vista forum, but it went unanswered.

tullie 20:01 12 Dec 2008

Try and live with it lol

skidzy 21:40 12 Dec 2008

" Why do we have a separate Vista forum ? "

I believe this forum was created and designed to take the work load off the Helproom but as you say Mooly...its more likely to get noticed in the Helproom.

To be honest,now that Vista has really taken off, i see no reason why the Vista forum carries on.It may as well merge with the Helproom as it basically has now.

We see Vista problems in the Absolutely Beginners/Helproom/Vista Room...so may as well all be in one room.

I do not have the answers,but maybe a split page of problems instead of two separate rooms..just an idea.

To keep moving threads around to there correct location would be a full time job for the FE,though some are moved on if seen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone