Why is cursor jumping & opening files?

MamaWolf 20:55 19 Jun 2014

I am using a Logitech TracBall with Windows 7 Ultimate (Service Pack 1) on an HP Touchsmart 610. The cursor is jumping around & opening files as if it is being accessed remotely. I checked & remote access is not enabled. Can someone tell me what is causing this & how to correct it?

Many Thanks, MamaWolf

lotvic 21:30 19 Jun 2014

Does this happen when you are not touching the Logitech TracBall? eg: you can sit and watch it happening without you doing or touching anything?

lotvic 21:33 19 Jun 2014

Also is TracBall wired or wireless?

MamaWolf 23:01 19 Jun 2014

I am not touching the TracBall & it is wireless.

MamaWolf 01:24 20 Jun 2014

Okay, I know this is going to sound kind of 'off the wall' but shortly after this started happening, we lost internet. I re-powered the modem but it still didn't work. I live with my Daughter's family & went over to her side to see what was going on & she had the Comcast guy there fixing the Cable & that's why the modem was off. The mouse has since stopped it's shenanigans. I didn't think about it before he left but is it possible that something he was doing could have caused this? The cursor is fine now.

lotvic 21:06 20 Jun 2014

Glad it's stopped it's shenanigans. I would think it possible that if Comcast guy or your daughter was sorting and testing the settings on the home network after the Comcast Cable had been fixed then that would account for it.

MamaWolf 22:10 20 Jun 2014

Thanks for all the help Guys. I think that is probably what it was because the mouse is good now.

lotvic 22:29 20 Jun 2014

If you consider the problem solved - Click on any of the big grey ticks under a post and it will turn Green. Then when page is refreshed the Thread will be marked 'Resolved' :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?