Whinges about Vista

smoking44 00:02 20 May 2007

I could have said whinges about XP when it came out.
People expected Vista to work with no problems, in one sense it does. The problems have stemed from the hardware manufacuters not having drivers ready (although they have had months to do this). Same with software, some are quick of the mark with Vista software.
Some software I liked on XP will not work on Vista so I found alternatives, still do the same end result. Some of my hardware drivers will not work on Vista, yet with compatabillity mode work fine.

Think of it like a new car, how many parts of your old car would be suitable in the new one.think about it

I. T. Mastermind 01:21 20 May 2007

I think these are some good points you've made I remember getting xp when it was first out and now vista. I think people are too eager to have a system that works from the box but in reality its just not that simple, this early early on anyhow.

J B 14:40 20 May 2007

The only thing I will have a moan about is Adobe Photoshop Elements 4. There are known compatibility problems with this version, namely the update feature.I have set it to run as with XP and it works fine. It seems as if Adobe in it's infinite wisdom has seen fit to do an update for version 5 of PE but left users of Version 4 out of the equation. I think that Adobe wants cersion 4 users to upgrade to get the fix for Vista. Personally, I could tell you what I think of that but it wouldn't be printable. J.B.

wolfie3000 14:44 20 May 2007

I could moan about games and Vista for hours. lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone