Which version of windows

Jameslayer 17:08 17 Jun 2010

Hi I am upgrading to windows 7 64bit(I have 4 gigs of ram). I am entitled to the student version. So I can get ultimate for £57.99 or professional for 42.95 from click here

I have looked at the chart which shows what you get in each package and it doenst seem worth getting ultimate due to the extra cost. I use the comp for gaming and internet.

Thanks for any advice for a place to get it cheaper from.

James

ps im sure their was a thread were this question was answeared a few months ago. But they I had unexpected bills.

Jameslayer 17:37 17 Jun 2010

Cheapest I have found so far should have been £33.37 for proffesional from click here

kristain 08:27 18 Jun 2010

you can get help for windows 7 64 bit and information from click here

cheap to fix 22:38 21 Jun 2010

win 7 64bit is the best ever choice, stable powerfull and less viruses attacks. its compatible with everything unlike the old generation 64bit dilema.

it cant be better win 64bit is the way to go.

Pine Man 10:32 22 Jun 2010

'its compatible with everything'

Rubbish!!

a member 16:24 22 Jun 2010

you need a good antivirus system in addition to whatever OS you decide to have ,64bit is better (more secure) within itself ,but as far as viruses are concerned it is as vulnerable as 32bit . a lot of 32bit softwares wont run ,or are simply not supported on 64 bit so it wont (run everything) quite a lot of users had to buy new networking devices ,or printers etc as many older models are not supported in 64bit.
64bit is the way to go Yes ,as long as 3rd party software and hardware makers play ball , they have been slow to take it up so far ,although there is a sign at last with windows 7 of much less compatability issues .
an interesting thing about win 7 is that whatever version you buy ,the whole pack is installed ,what version you activate ,determins what functions are switched on or off by default .
Unless you plan to upgrade to say 8gb of ram or plan to use 64bit only 3rd party softwares, you wont see hardly any benifit to 64bit.

961 10:35 23 Jun 2010

Stick with 32 bit for a hassle free experience

Professional is all you'll need, don't pay extra for Ultimate

ronalddonald 18:41 24 Jun 2010

Try Linux mint

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache