Which Printer will work with Vista?

Border View 23:00 28 Oct 2007

Acer Laptop running with Vista. HP Printer which worked fine with XP but no way will it work with Vista. Now looks like a new printer will need to be purchased.

Can anyone recommend a printer which will actually work with Vista

Forum Editor 00:05 29 Oct 2007

click here and find an Epson printer.

click here|uk_consumer_awareness_core_printing takes you HP's printers.

All new printers should come with Vista drivers.

Border View 10:54 29 Oct 2007

Many thanks for those links FE

phoenix198 12:10 29 Oct 2007

Have you positively confirmed that your HP printer doesn't have a Vista specific or compatible driver on the HP website?

aine 18:01 29 Oct 2007

HI, I have a HP desk-jet 3845, it has always worked, ever since i upgraded to Vista.

LinH 19:37 29 Oct 2007

Likewise my HP5940, no problems whatsoever.

LinH

nwarp 11:39 31 Oct 2007

I have one of the early photosmart HP printers 7550 which is no longer supported by HP. On the HP site vista drivers for HP printers are available for download. In my case the HP site suggested vista drivers for two later model printers Both came with the Vista installation so no downloading. One didn't work one did so my HP non supported printer has been given a new lease of life. In fact I think it is better then the original driver which had a few bugs which HP never rectified.

I have friends with cannon printers who cannot get vista drivers from cannon they have been told possibly in the new year. So have purchased other brand printers.

regards
Downunder

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?