which mouse?

[email protected] 11:30 01 Oct 2007

hi, to cut a long story short, i am summoning up the courage to go outside and pick up what's left of my logitech mx revolution. i have one on my xp pc which works great, but on this pc it keeps 'hitching/ snagging' almost like an old style mouse which needs the ball cleaning.
this is what i have tried:
every version of set point ever made.
every possible way of installing set point.
it works fine with aero disabled, but the only reason i want set point is that for document flip by side wheel (which is aero).
tried m/s drivers problem is worse.
tried a usb extension.
lastest usb2 drivers.
front and rear usb ports.

it is/ was a laser mouse, used on a light teak surface, im currently using an old hp ball type mouse, the right button fell off, i am giving this pc away and would like to know what cordless mouse would be best, optical or laser logitech or m/s, any advice/ experience would be great thanks.

tullie 12:25 01 Oct 2007

Never been impressed with cordless mice.Nothing easier than sticking one into a usb port in my opinion.

Babou 12:54 01 Oct 2007

Bit confused here - what do you mean by aero? The only aero I know is part of Windows Vista.

My optical mouse doesn't work well on light coloured surfaces. If your teak surface is very light, you could try using a darker mat.

As for wireless, I'm with tullie - USB mice are so much simpler! Maybe there's some interference with your wireless, like a wireless phone nearby or some physical barrier.

Babou 13:04 01 Oct 2007

D'oh sorry I just realised this is in the Vista section - I thought you were talking about an XP PC.

In that case, try uninstalling the mouse completely and reinstall with the latest driver, which you can download from the Logitech site.

[email protected] 13:39 01 Oct 2007

thanks for the replies, it does seem like interference, how ever it works fine with aero off. i need a cordless mouse with this desk, but as i said the pc is going so will put a wired optical on it i think.
thanks again

SteveWH 23:41 01 Oct 2007

I recently had a problem with my MX Revolution only minor but annoying I tested it on another PC same problem (couldn't click and drag windows without them maximising}

I e-mailed Logitech support went through their trouble shooting routine then they said to take it for an exchange did that all well now.

[email protected] 01:27 02 Oct 2007

got this click here still lags with aero on, so it wasnt interference, i wonder if this is connected with the missing letters when typing problem?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017