which to keep

March Wind 21:52 12 Oct 2013
Answered

I am using Win 7 I have Ccleaner Glary Utilities and Malware bytes. Do I need to keep them all? If I should delete one which should it be

johndrew 10:40 13 Oct 2013

Ccleaner and Glary Utilities both are Registry cleaners with the former doing the cleaning (in my opinion) better; both have some additional functions.

Malwarebytes is a good anti-malware program and has nothing to do with cleaning the Registry but everything to do with getting rid of malware from your PC.

nickf 12:09 13 Oct 2013

Ccleaner is what it says , a cleaner . Glary Utilities is much more of a PC tune up tool . Malware bytes does what is says , it eats malware . I run all three on my PC , and am happy to recommend all three to any PC user . I also have Slim Cleaner , IOBit system care 6 , and SlimDriver . I like to test them against each other . As you can see , I have WAY to much time on my hands .

March Wind 12:57 13 Oct 2013

Thank you both. Not sure what tune up means? I to have too much time on my hands but very little knowledge, I have had a pc 10 years and still rely on a friend for help. What does tune up mean? Today when I switched on, pc said it was cleaning up and configuring. This went on for about 10 mins before pc welcomed me

woodchip 21:40 24 Oct 2013
Answer

using CCleaner can be deadly in the wrong hands, as it will can remove what it thinks are not needed in registry, where by a program may need them. If things are Deleted that should not be, your PC will be looking for where the things that make it work have gone to. Hence a slow Boot time as Registry is first thing you PC checks when it boots

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?