Where does VISTA keep Temp Internet Files ?

Covergirl 18:30 13 Dec 2007

I've downloaded a couple of these Flash games from t'internet and now need to save them from the Temp Internet Files into Documents like I did in Win XP.

Where has Vista stored these files as I can't see them but I know they are there as they only take a few seconds to load from History, whereas they took about 10-15 mins to download when I got them from t'website last night (I'm on Dial Up).

I would like to keep them, but I like to clear out my history regularly so does anybody know where they are and how I can get to them.

Thanks in advance

skidzy 18:37 13 Dec 2007

Just type in %TEMP% into the start menu search box, and hit enter. You'll immediate be taken to the temporary files folder.

Or;

C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local

Covergirl 18:56 13 Dec 2007

C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local doesn't exist - gets to C:\Users\your username\ then contacts;desktop; documents etc

Search on %Temp% finds a folder with eDatasecurity; Excel8.0; Low etc but not TIF's

Pine Man 19:08 13 Dec 2007

Definitely hidden files.

skidzy 19:25 13 Dec 2007

You are replacing the \your username\ with your pc username,such as Covergirl/helen etc...

Covergirl 20:52 13 Dec 2007

C:\Users\"myusername"\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files

Naff all visible in there !

Show Hidden Files & Folders selected.
Hide Extensions and
Hide Protected OS Files deselected (Unticked).

Within C:\Users\"myusername"\AppData\Local there is a shortcut to TIF's but I get a "Location Not Availabl" dialogue stating "Access is Denied".

Next . . . .

Covergirl 20:54 13 Dec 2007

What's the name of that bloke who has a website full of useful little programs like how to stop / remove messenger etc ? Is it Scott somebody ?

Covergirl 21:01 13 Dec 2007

I can get to C:\Windows\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ and all 4 folders with names such as 49U6NVI2 and LPUZXMPC but there are just Desktop.ini files in there whereas under XP, all the files and cookies used to reside.

I can also get to C:\Users\"myusername"\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files but the above cryptic named folders aren't there . . .

skidzy 21:01 13 Dec 2007

Doug Knox ?
Ramesh ?
Kellys Corner ? click here

To mention three !

skidzy 21:07 13 Dec 2007

"I've downloaded a couple of these Flash games from t'internet "

Are you sure you have actually downloaded these and not just created shortcuts ?

On my Vista,my Downloads go into Downloads Folder via Documents.

Im on the xp lappy at the moment.

sinbads 21:19 13 Dec 2007

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?