What does this mean.

Samuel Gee 16:05 14 Feb 2008

Hi I have just had a popup that tells me a program failed to start up and advises I reload the program from the C.D. but all it tells me is that it was Comm API.DLL could someone tell me where to start to find out what this is The web was no ver instructive,
Thanks.
Sam Gee

skidzy 19:33 14 Feb 2008

Im not totally sure if this is a windows dll,however we can find out by running sfc.

Click Start (windows orb) / All Programs / Accessories / Right click Command Prompt and run as administrator (agree to any UAC prompts).

Now type

SFC /SCANNOW

And enter,note the space between c and /

If windows is preinstalled,sfc should repair any windows dll's,however you may need the windows disc if not preinstalled.

Let sfc run and take its course.If this does not fix your issue come back to us.

ventanas 22:27 14 Feb 2008

click here and click on the advanced tab.

Looks like it's a trojan.

ventanas 22:30 14 Feb 2008

Further reference to it

click here

Samuel Gee 11:13 15 Feb 2008

Hi Skidzy,Did that it went through all my files,the bottom line then just stated my name etc with a blinking dash like a hyphen.All seemed of so I closed the excercise was this correct? All seems O.K. but I still dont know what program failed to start,as I said they all seem spot on.Hoping it is!Thank you,and the two other replies.
Regards,
Sam

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?