What is Conduit ? and how to get rid of it ?

Del 80 12:38 17 Feb 2014

Hi, my browser, chrome,has been taken over by something called Conduit, what is this ?......and how do I get rid of lt ?......any help appreciated.....Del.

sunnystaines 19:07 17 Feb 2014

i deleted mine with superantispyware free version, no idea how it got on my pc but got on both chrome and IE.

Del 80 06:28 18 Feb 2014

Thanks for the replies, I have managed to return Chrome to my default browser, but I suspect that Conduit is still lurking in the background, I now believe I obtained it whilst trying to download a Gmail notifier,I shall try the suggestions here, to remove it.........Thanks, Del.

sunnystaines 09:37 18 Feb 2014

if you reset chrome it comes back later. I followed that way first, its no good reverting back to original homepage either as it comes back later. you need something that will kill it off at source in the registry.

Del 80 17:50 18 Feb 2014

Got rid of it with Superantispyware, everything has returned to normal, except that IE is now coming up as Bing.....but that can be sorted....by the way what is best Gmail notifier for Windows 8 ?.....I used to use Google's own when using Vista, but told it not compatible with 8.1....any ideas.....Del.

Del 80 17:50 18 Feb 2014

Got rid of it with Superantispyware, everything has returned to normal, except that IE is now coming up as Bing.....but that can be sorted....by the way what is best Gmail notifier for Windows 8 ?.....I used to use Google's own when using Vista, but told it not compatible with 8.1....any ideas.....Del.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?