Want to restore registry and not delete my windows

siimc 21:42 27 Jan 2015
Answered

So I was tired of all the white colors in windows and wanted more darker colors. So i searched around and found a download for a registry key that turned explorer and such black. The problem is that it has effected all of my programs. Everything is black now. How do i remove it. I don't have any registry backup. And I don't want to restore my windows from an earlier copy.

Thank you for helping

northumbria61 10:49 28 Jan 2015

If you are going to change anything in the Registry then it is vital that you back it up first should anything go wrong or at the very least write down the current settings of what you are changing in order to put it back to how it was.

The only way is to do a System Restore in your case to a restore point just prior to the change you made.

lotvic 11:16 28 Jan 2015

Far easier to just change the Theme and choose your own colours.

HowTo: choose Themes click here

siimc 15:10 28 Jan 2015
Answer

Thank you. Will definitely be more careful. I had been up for days when i did this so i wasn't thinking really.

siimc 17:10 29 Jan 2015

So, I have now reinstalled windows 3 times. And the last time i deleted Everything on all drives and compleatly formated Everything. It's still there. I have just installed windows and the first thing i see is the darker windows. What should i do now?

rdave13 21:46 29 Jan 2015

Checked the monitor settings if using one?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?