Vista & XP - wireless router together

dnjl 17:10 02 Apr 2007

1 PC has XP Home + 1 PC has Vista Home Premium
Can I run both at same time from my Netgear wireless router (DG834Gv2)?
At moment I run the XP PC and a Lap top with XP Home on it OK. But when my hubby gets his gaming m/c it will have Vista Home Premium on it. HELP please.

anskyber 17:30 02 Apr 2007

I do not have a wireless network, but I do have a wired network which works fine with an XP machine and a Vista machine.

dnjl 17:50 02 Apr 2007

Do you have both running at the same time - as will want to do this - so that I can be on my PC when hubby is on his?

anskyber 17:58 02 Apr 2007

Yes.

tufti 18:01 02 Apr 2007

I have a PC running Vista Premium connected by wire to a DG834Gv2 and a Laptop with Vista Premium connected wirelesly to the same router.
Also a PC running Win.XP Home connected by wire.

All work well together.

Hope ths helps.

dnjl 18:02 02 Apr 2007

Thanks a lot.

Ank45 11:24 03 Apr 2007

dnjl

If you want to connect Windows XP and Windows Vista machines wirelessly as Home Network then you may visit to the below site:

click here

Nick1981 12:05 04 Apr 2007

Tufti, I've been told i cant run Vista wirelessly with my Netgear DG834Gv2. AOL say it will only work wired. I can acsess the router via wireless but it wont allow an internet connection. How did you get yours to work??
Thanks
Nick

tufti 15:44 04 Apr 2007

Well, the laptop I have is running Vista Premium and when I swiched it on for the first time after installing the wireless router it found the Netgear router automatically and all I had to do was click on the connect to network when it found it and type in the security password.

The XP PC however is connected by cable, but it also found the router right away.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires