Vista Vista Dual Boot

Tom23 19:32 06 Jul 2007

What is the best way to go about having a dual boot Vista Vista system? One vista boot as standard, the other boot specifically organised to increase speed and memory so as to play games. Lots of nice graphics in vista and programs running in the background, but not needed in gaming machine. Any suggestions?

mgmcc 21:38 06 Jul 2007

I suppose you could use Vista's option in Disk Management to "Shrink Volume" in order to create enough space on the hard drive for your second installation and then put a second copy of Vista in there. You will need a proper Vista DVD (not a manufacturer's recovery disk) to do this.

As the hardware is the same, the second copy should "Activate" OK with Micro$tuff again.

I don't have a fixed hard drive in my PC, I have a hard drive caddy and can slot in whichever drive I want to - XP Home, XP Pro, Vista. I have two drives with Vista on and this was achieved by using Acronis True Image to backup the first drive to an external USB hard drive and then restoring it to a second hard drive. If you did something like that, you could have your two Vistas configured differently.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?