Vista User Account - Cant See Certain Websites

DARIO_909 11:22 11 Feb 2009

Right, this is my issue. my mother likes to play bingo, online. nothing out of the ordinary there, but we only have one laptop. so, because im a bright spark, i set up a guest account, and an administrator account, so i have the peace of mind that if i go out, she wont mess things up on my computer, as she is accessing the guest account only, and using internet explorer to play bingo. but for some reason, on the guest account, galabingo.co.uk does not load properly! so therefore, we are having to revert back to my adminstrator account, where the website works fine. dont get me wrong, we can access galabingo on the guest account, but when we log in, it doesnt not start up. i thought it might of been flash player or a java issue, as its all fancy and flasy and moving on my admin account, and i can play bingo no problem, but on the guest account, it loads up, lets us log in, the green bar goes all the way across to the right, (the loading bar at the bottom of tyhe browser) and thats it. nothing happens.

Any Ideas Anyone? yes its vista im Running!!

Dario

anskyber 12:46 11 Feb 2009

Is it a pop up being blocked? Look in the status bar at the bottom and see if it advises on a pop up when you log in.

DARIO_909 13:35 11 Feb 2009

Hi there

No its not a pop up. nothing appears at the top of the screen. its hard to explain

for the record, if you go to click here

you'll first be greeted with a picture of a woman sitting at her kitchen table throwing money in the air (i think) then it asks you to "go to homepage" top right hand corner, i can see this when i log in as administrator. but when i log in as a guest, and go to click here, i see the blue screen, but not the woman sitting at her desk, the "advert" if you like. not that important you'd say, but not seeing that, tells me there is something missing, hence why i thought it would of been java or flash, but that is already installed on the pc. and clicking on homepage does take me tot he homepage and lets me log in as normal, but once im logged in, thats it, i cant do anything else. clicking on "play bingo" an additional window opens up (which is normal) with bingo rooms to select, but once the window opens, there is no room sot be seen, just a white screen. i hope this makes sense, the whole thing with the lady at the kitchen table might even be irrelevant, but itd something ive noticed, and that i feel may be a stepping stone to find a resolution. if anyone knows what im talking about, please get in touch

Dario

Bob The Blob 13:36 11 Feb 2009

Have a read here.
click here

DARIO_909 13:44 11 Feb 2009

To Bob the Blob

that makes sense, as far as i can remember, i ddint have an option on vista home premium to creat another account, but ill give it ago tonight, thankyou for your input. Cheers.

DARIO_909 00:00 12 Feb 2009

Bob the Blob

did exactly what it said on the tin bob, cheers for your help, that link worked a treat mate, cheers

Dario

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?