Vista Ultimate Upgrade

DAnthony 20:41 27 Mar 2008

I have downloaded the full SP1 32 bit upgrade from Microsoft's site (400 + megs). When I initiate the upgrade I get a message that the language on my machine is not compatible with the upgrade which is in English, german, etc. Because of this it will not allow the upgrade. Give me a break, I only speak english, my machine is in english - what's going on. Trying to contact Microsoft is a real hassle - any pointers?

Thank you

anskyber 20:44 27 Mar 2008

As a vista ultimate user you may have other language packs on your machine.

The install will be allowed once the other languages are compliant. You may be able to uninstall other languages to permit the install.

anskyber 20:46 27 Mar 2008

PS language uninstall method. click here

DAnthony 20:47 27 Mar 2008

Thanks anskyber - I have not loaded any other language packs. But I will check to make doubly sure.

DAnthony 21:08 27 Mar 2008

Anskyber - I have checked via the link you sent, and I have 2 chinese and japanese (must have been supplied with the mchine). I have managed to uninstall one, but get failures on the two. Oh where art thou my Vic 20 lol. Thanks for all your help

anskyber 21:13 27 Mar 2008

If you do have to wait for other languages it may noy be too long. click here

DAnthony 22:24 27 Mar 2008

Have uninstalled all languages (except English) - have to be done one at a time. Thanks for helping. Now onto the task of upgrading - all f****** fngers crossed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone