Vista Ultimate SP1 Ultimate

DAnthony 08:51 01 Apr 2008

I have had issues with Vista and thanks to people like anskyber I have solved a few of them.

I have downloaded the full SP1 upgrade and would suggest the following procedure. I know, its a pain in the butt to reinstall programs, but the end result is well worth it.

1. Back up all your data

2. Restore Vista to its original state - as the day you got your computer.

3. After restoring the OS to its original installation, update it with SP1 (the full version = some 440 odd megs)

My results have more than just pleased me. The machine runs fine and is noticeably faster and stable. I love it now. Vista really leaves XP Pro for dead.

Just a little advice - Before re-installing programs, create a restore point. Should you find later that a program is causing problems - it is easy to recover.

Cheers

sunny staines 11:51 01 Apr 2008

thanks waiting for a vista ultimate which incorporates sp1, should be any day hopefully the other versions with sp1 are out.

Rob_08 12:34 01 Apr 2008

Thanks DAnthony,
But unfortunately i dont think many are going to be willing to do all that to install a service pack !!

hssutton 17:37 01 Apr 2008

SP1 downloaded as an update for me on the 19th of March, installed without problem. I'm with Rob on this one, I certainly would not have gone to all that trouble, especially as Vista Ultimate has run for almost a year without problem

tullie 17:49 01 Apr 2008

Nor me,mine is perfectly ok downloading SP and installing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017