vista premium to 7 premium

gibfish26 10:43 31 Dec 2009

hi.
i am in a real mess after doing a upgrade install from vista to 7.ran upgrade advisor which showed 3 issues with red x which where my keyboard,mouse,and dvd burning software all where uninstalled before doing upgrade.all went well with install right through to desktop,got a small window in top left corner showing descktop updates/themes/media player etc,then pc shut down and restarted and kept on doing this over and over.it now stops at the blue error screen and i have to do a hard shut down,on restart it does the same again.any advice would be much appreciated.nice and simple please.

Zeppelyn 13:51 31 Dec 2009

Seems weird that your keyboard and mouse would be incompatible. I would suggest you try a clean install of Win 7, an upgrade I would never recommend.

gibfish26 14:32 31 Dec 2009

hi zeppelyn i should have said in my post my mouse and keyboard are the microsoft wireless intelli type and they showed up as not compatable on upgrade advisor.my 7 is the full version.at the moment i cant do anything if i install the disc nothing happens so i cant do a clean install.when i start up pc it just goes to the blue stop error screen,cant even go to safe mode.can any one offer any solutions please.thanks

User-1229748 14:37 31 Dec 2009

i agree with zeppelyn,a clean(custom) install is the way i went.my pc also had vista home premium.

User-1229748 14:38 31 Dec 2009

sorry we cross posted :o(

gibfish26 11:50 02 Jan 2010

hi all followed your advice and did custom install all is now fine,just got to sort all my other stuff now,e-mail etc.thanks again and a happy new year to everyone.gibfish26.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017