Vista and piracy

jz 11:17 28 Apr 2008

From click here

"Chris Liddell, Microsoft's CFO, blamed the decrease year-to-year on Vista's strong sales in the first quarter of 2007, and higher-than-expected rates of Windows piracy in the first three months of 2008."

I thought that Vista was relatively immune to piracy. Has there been a recent "breakthrough" on pirating Vista?

jakimo 12:18 28 Apr 2008
  tullie 16:55 28 Apr 2008

I dont believe aything is immune to piracy,no matter what Microsoft say.

Forum Editor 19:03 28 Apr 2008

software companies try to make their products piracy-proof, there will be people who beat the system. It has always been thus, and probably always will be.

barca1 19:18 28 Apr 2008

I have found myself rolling back to XP due to issues STILL with Vista,ive given up on it

georgemac © 19:26 28 Apr 2008

I have been looking at new laptops - what is putting me off - unsure if I want to move to Vista. I like XP, but I know I really should learn a bit about vista, but don't know if I can be bothered. I've worked on a few vista machines and the nag screens (are you sure?) drive me crazy

anskyber 19:32 28 Apr 2008

If you do not like UAC then turn it off, or you can "unlock" the true admin account and it all stops.

sunny staines 20:46 28 Apr 2008

georgemac

if you move get 2g of ram for a fast computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?