vista partitioning

toga 21:27 23 Jan 2008

I have just bought a new laptop with windows vista home premium (oem preinstalled).

I have approx 220gb hhd, I shrank the drive by 25gb in order to create a seperate partition for my MS office files.

I now have an unallocated 25gb partition. However, when I try to create a new simple volume, assign a drive letter and a volume name, then format (I have tried chosing a value between max 25gb and 8mb min). I recieve a message saying the task could not be performed as there is not enough space.

Any help would be appreciated

setecio 21:51 23 Jan 2008

I got this info from Percy regarding vista business (Haven't tried it yet) hope it is of use to you.

>>>>>
Percy Vere
Sat, 12/01/[email protected]:10

setecio

Vista Business will reshape your C drive to take XP and Linux. I have done it with mine.:))

Right click computer / manage / disk management.

Right click on the C drive and pick shrink volume. You will be given the maximum you can shrink the C drive to. Pick a remainder size that will fit both operating systems. So you shrink it and leave 20Gb.

When it has shrunk the volume, you right click on te available space and create a new volume. Make the size either 15Gb or 5Gb to suit your first partition and follow the wizard. Make sure you put a tick in the box to have a quick format.

You will now have the first partition. Go back to disk management and right click the remaining space and do the same. e.g. right click and make new volume.

When done you will have your partitions and it will not affect the C drive.

<<<<<<<<

toga 21:58 23 Jan 2008

setecio

Thanks for the info, however I tried this (chose a 15gb, ticked quick format but got the same message regarding disk space.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?