Vista Network Query

gtscot 10:22 14 Feb 2007

I have Vista Premium on my main computer linked to BT home hub working well.
I have also 2 laptops running XP which also connect to the internet wirelessly and can see the files on my Vista setup.
What I cant do is see the files on my laptops from the vista machine. (yes I sharing enabled on all drives on all machines). I spoke with a colleague at work who states he has the same problems.
Has anyone out there had this problem and can assist ?

Thanks

BurrWalnut 16:32 14 Feb 2007

Could you have possibly overlooked sharing? Have a look in Control Panel, Network & Sharing Center and check that Sharing & Discovery, File Sharing is ticked.

BurrWalnut 16:51 14 Feb 2007

I know you have set 'sharing' but I meant the specific setting in Sharing & Discovery. Sorry I didn't explain it very well.

josie mayhem 19:53 14 Feb 2007

It is most likley vista's firewall causing the problems....

You can set the vista firewall to allow the address through but I just turned mine off...

Vista doesn't like it but tough... My voyager has a firewall so I still have protection from the main internet...

gtscot 14:07 15 Feb 2007

Thanks for the suggestions, which I have tried to no avail, even the suggestion to turn off firewall which had no effect I will just have to keep trying different tacks to resolve this

Ashrich 22:54 15 Feb 2007

If it was a Vista firewall problem you wouldn't see the main computer , the problem seems to be the other way , must be something to do with XP file sharing , not Vista . To be seen they are obviously on the same workgroup/network , try turning off the XP firewalls to test connection .

Ashley

RichMc2 17:02 16 Feb 2007

CA have a programe called network magic you can download it and trial for 30 days, it solved my file and printer shareing problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone