Vista Media Center not recognising JPG files

The Mills 22:24 01 Jan 2008

My laptop that I won in a PC Advisor competition last year runs Vista and had Nero installed for DVD writing. I've been using media center no problem. Recently Nero stopped working (not sure why) but I ended up re-installing Nero from the disk provided to sort the problem. I find now though that when I go into Vista media center to view my JPEG photos it cannot find them - they are definitely there though.

Having looked briefly on the web it implies there is a problem with Nero conflicting with Media Center. The fixes suggested imply using regedit but are not clear what I need to fix.

Any help on this would be gratefully received.
Ta very much.

Jim_F 22:14 03 Jan 2008

When you installed Nero it give you the 'opportunity' to associate every type of media file with its own tools. You may be able to reverse this with Nero product setup but if you have a system restore just prior the the reinstall of Nero that may be much easier.

Just to open jpegs with Media Centre is quite easy - just right click on a file and chose Media Centre as the default program but if Nero has decided to move directories around you may need to search for them !

The Mills 22:30 05 Jan 2008

Hi, found a solution on web to fix my registry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017