Vista log on pictures -

wotbus@ 18:18 07 Sep 2007

where are they?

lil27 18:37 07 Sep 2007

wotbus,

If you mean the desktop background pictures, left click mouse on desktop and select personalize, desktop background.

or if you mean the small pic on log in. start> click the picture at the top, this gives you change picture option 3rd line down.

wotbus@ 19:48 07 Sep 2007

I know how to change the picture, I want to know where they are stored on the disc so I can navigate to them and insert a picture of my own.

cream. 20:54 07 Sep 2007

control panel > classic view > user accounts > change picture > browse for more pictures.

so you can put your picture in the my pictures folder, rescale it and the browse and select that picture.

cream. 21:00 07 Sep 2007

click here

this what you mean??

wotbus@ 11:22 08 Sep 2007

It's getting worse LOL.
It's just a small thing, but...when you log in you are given a choice of pictures. One of them is a cat (kitten). I cannot find that picture anywhere on the HDD, and only a couple of the others. No problem with wallpapers, they are all present and correct!

wotbus@ 17:30 08 Sep 2007

Yup. Tried it in the Run box - threw it out.
Looked everywhere else for %SystemRoot% and no luck with that either!

wotbus@ 19:01 08 Sep 2007

Sure like it simple - if you said that first time...;-)
Can't do it now, it's barby time and my wife is pouring red wine down me because I have approved the new decor for the main bedroom...hic
Get back to you later :-)

setecio 08:56 09 Sep 2007

You will have to change the folder options to show these files,
show hidden files and folders
untick hide protected operating system files
untick hide extensions for known file types

afterwards reverse which of these you want to or all to set it back as it was. I'm not sure which one will show the files you are after to just do all 3 to make sure.

wotbus@ 20:02 20 Sep 2007

Thanks everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?