Vista Home Premium Email Problem

Kenward42 22:51 25 Nov 2008

I have a new Computer using Vista Home Premium operating system. I cannot send email out using the Windows Mail program that came installed on the computer.
I just got off the phone with a tech with my service provider, and we confirmed that all of my settings are correct, and says the problem must be a quirk in the Vista Premium program. I have a notebook computer on which I use Vista Home Basic and the Windows mail program works fine with the same settings. Does anyone have a solution to share for this problem?

Ashrich 23:56 25 Nov 2008

Which ISP do you use ?

Ashley

Kenward42 03:43 26 Nov 2008

I use Comcast as my service provider.

mgmcc 08:32 26 Nov 2008

Do you definitely have the outgoing mail server correctly entered as SMTP.COMCAST.NET and what error message(s) do you get when trying to send mail? (A common mistake is to enter SMPT instead of SMTP in the server address.)

Kenward42 09:07 26 Nov 2008

I may have solved my problem. At least it seems so. I used my recovery CD and reinstalled a clean copy of Windows Vista Home Premium, and i sent a test message to my own email address which went out and was received on one of my other computers. I know that I had every setting correct the first time around, but this would not be the first time that I had a Windows operating system become corrupted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?