Vista Forum Quiet?

crosstrainer 13:20 10 Jul 2007

Has anyone noticed that this particular forum has been very quiet of late? Only 10 post's today, and very few over the weekend.

I wonder if this is a reflection of a lull in the uptake of the new os?

Pine Man 14:08 10 Jul 2007

'I wonder if this is a reflection of a lull in the uptake of the new os?'

Not at all it's just that we are all 100% satisfied with our new, superfast, problem free, operating systems ;-)

crosstrainer 14:29 10 Jul 2007

oh dear....looks like i'd better consider retiring then :)

Probabilitydrive 14:32 10 Jul 2007

Being nannied by Vista prevents me from doing something stupid. I wait till I handed successfully handed the Vista-Nanny the penguin shaped umbrella and then the party (and desperate cries for help) starts in earnest. Expect frequent visits here....;-)

Pine Man 14:43 10 Jul 2007

'oh dear....looks like i'd better consider retiring then :)'

I did retire so that I had the time to get my Vista running 100%, superfast and problem free. The remainder of my spare time is now spent trying to get my wife to function the same way!

crosstrainer 15:11 10 Jul 2007

:) I reckon one more os will be enough for me...cottage in Snowdonia, music, books, maybe a nice dog to keep me company! (mind you I said that when XP was released!)

Kate B 16:05 10 Jul 2007

I think it's time this forum was folded into the helproom, actually. Vista's not new any more, and Vista queries are cropping up over there.

J B 16:13 10 Jul 2007

I guess th "Brilliant Windows Vista" book has something to do with it. I have one along with "Brilliant Office 2007". Both have helped me in a lot of ways except with trouble-shooting. These Forums are "Valuable" for that, along with a host of other things that are too numerous to mention. J.B.

crosstrainer 16:56 10 Jul 2007

I think thats a good idea, a lot of people are now posting Vista related issues in the helproom. Perhaps we could have an "Old Operating Sytems" Forum?

anskyber 17:03 10 Jul 2007

I tend to loiter here more than the Helproom. It is quiet and perhaps a reflection of the relative lack of problems. Many are "how to problems" rather than real "problems"

Looking at the Helproom I think there are probably as many Vista questions there as there are here. I like the idea of a Helproom in two parts one for hardware issues and the other for software/OS's.

anskyber 17:10 10 Jul 2007

I should add that the relative lack of speed here helps the helpers.

A forum with too great a throughput, say the Helproom, can be difficult to keep pace with. I have spotted things were I may have helped but were on page 3 or 4 of the Helproom and it's not always possible to go through so many earlier threads each time I come to the Forum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone