Vista fonts

phildux 19:23 03 Jul 2007

Hello All
Hope somebody might be able to help. After our home was broken into and my old trusty laptop was pinched, I was given a brand new Toshiba Sat Pro A100 by my insurance company and to my horror this came with Vista Business installed and that’s when my problems started.

The Fonts all have jagged edges and not smooth, I produce number plate and use the Laser Charles Wright Font but now I have this problem can anybody suggest why this is happening. This not only happens in my Number Plate Software (which is LG Signs) but also in Word, Photoshop in fact everything and is really causing me some grief. I have contacted Microsoft Support I have contacted Toshiba and I am not getting anywhere

Many Thanks
Phil

Pine Man 19:32 03 Jul 2007

Right click on the desk top. Choose personalize from the shortcut menu. Click effects in the appearance settings dialog box where you will get different options for smoothing.

Pine Man 19:38 03 Jul 2007

After .. from the shortcut menu insert - click on windows color and appearance. At the bottom of the screen click on appearance properties for more color options. Now carry on. Sorry about that.

phildux 19:38 03 Jul 2007

Hi i have enabled clear type one of the first things i did

mgmcc 20:11 03 Jul 2007

If you are getting a "pixelated" display in the laptop, it might be due to the graphics driver not being installed properly. Check in Device Manager to see if that indicates a problem - yellow "question" or "exclamation" mark. Also, if Toshiba supplied a Drivers Disk, or there is a Drivers folder on the Recovery Disk, try reinstalling the Graphics Drivers. It is possible that Vista is trying to use a generic graphics driver.

rawprawn 12:16 07 Jul 2007

I had a similar problem with a new Sony Vaio, I updated the drivers (online NVDIA) and all was cured.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone