vista and dvd playback

sunny staines 15:10 09 May 2008

trying to play REM LIVE dvd and getting the following error

"Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video card."

using vista ultimate any suggestions please, i have all updates except sp1 and i have latest nvidia driver

sunny staines 11:48 10 May 2008

I like my new vista but media player is starting to annoy me as several media discs will not play.

all genuine discs no copied ones.

MCE2K5 20:51 10 May 2008

Just found this on another Forum, It's with a different Graphics Card (ATI) but it should work (Worth a go, Just to see if it works),

"Whenever I try to play a DVD, I get an error message saying "windows media player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video card."

If I click on a link it takes me to this page (click here) for Windows Error C00D1163 which tries to sell you a new decoder."

"If it is a copyright or DRM issue try installing AnyDVD click here

It removes copyright info, region settings, etc automatically when you insert a disc. It personally worked great for me when some software refused to play DVD's due to copyright issues. When inserting a disc make sure to let anydvd scan and unlock it first before opening any media players."

"It seems like installing AnyDVD and then uninstalling it has cured the problems Windows media player and media center was having with DVD playback. Thanks again for the tip. :)"

MCE2K5 20:55 10 May 2008

Found this also, click here 5th Bullit Point Down.

sunny staines 02:59 11 May 2008

MCE2K5

thank you for the advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?