Vista/ Brother DCP-130C Drivers Needed

rawprawn 07:38 13 Mar 2007

I am completely new to vista having bought a new machine loaded with Vista Home Premium.My problem is I have spent 2 days looking on the Brother site and although it seems that the drivers for Vista are there, I have had no success. Could someone please treat me as an idiot and point me to exactly what I want, and how to load them.
I would be very grateful as I am running out of hair to tear out.
The Brother Printer/Scanner/Copier is only about 1 month old I cannot afford to replace it after buying a new computer, and I fear if I did it would mean divorce.

I am Spartacus 09:02 13 Mar 2007
  I am Spartacus 09:52 13 Mar 2007

You may also need to check out the instructions at click here

rawprawn 12:59 13 Mar 2007

Thank you for trying to help me, but each time I try to setup I get an Errror Eithr Restart PC, close all applications then reinstall, or Error Code 0x8000fff >setupnew\setupDLL.cpp9841) pAPP:brother MFL Pro Suite wwith a string of numbers. I am really fed up wih this. This is now my third day trying.
If you have any other ideas I should be pleased to hear them.
Thanks

skidzy 14:37 13 Mar 2007
  rawprawn 15:33 13 Mar 2007

That new update is the one I have downloaded but can't install. I have emailed Brother support and I am waiting for an answer. I am really fed up with this and if I hadn't paid so much money for the Vaio I would be inclined to format and load it with XP which at least I know a little bit about.

skidzy 16:40 13 Mar 2007

Hi Rawprawn
I bought a Vista system on sunday and had quite a bit of trouble getting the modem to work as there is no Vista driver as of yet.However i did some research before buying the system that helped me through it and get it going.
But i did find,if you make the device in question the first driver you install..it works (cannot comment on your problem though) things go a little smoother,why i do not know.

Have you thought of making the system a dual boot for now with xp and Vista.

How are you trying to install the driver,from the desktop or from cd ?

rawprawn 16:49 13 Mar 2007

I have tried to install from the Desktop as per instructions, from a flash drive, and the original CD.

skidzy 16:49 13 Mar 2007

I take it you have removed the old driver from device manager before trying to install the driver you have downloaded.Apologies for stating the obvious,but easily missed.

rawprawn 16:59 13 Mar 2007

There are no Printer Devices shown in Device manager. Nor are there any showing in my old PC, although there is a printer attached. I did use the uninstall tool anyway, so that should have cleared everything out I think.

rawprawn 17:19 13 Mar 2007

How would I go about setting up a dual boot with XP.The Laptop I bought is a Sony Vaio VGN-AR31E, 120 gb HDD with about 39 used and 63 Free.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?