Vista Blocks Azureus?

retro_hood 21:07 30 Jul 2007

I had my Azureus running normaly with no firewall error at all. I restart my computer the next day and now Azureus is constantly firewalled or the port #### is being blocked. Now I have never changed my firewall settings or turned on any firewalls but I do remember getting a Vista update and I was wondering if any of the vista updates are blocking such programms as Azureus and other torrent software.

I am using Vista Home Premium.

Any help appreciated!

Kate B 23:11 30 Jul 2007

More likely it's your ISP, but have you actually tried going into the Vista firewall and checking your settings?

retro_hood 23:30 30 Jul 2007

Its Never on.

Kate B 00:09 31 Jul 2007

You're not being clear. You say in your first post that you haven't changed any firewall settings, which I presume meant you used that firewall. Now you say it's (presumably Vista's firewall) is never on. Which is it? If you don't have a firewall switched on, then you're obviously not going to have any firewall issues with Azureus.

If you do have a firewall switched on, you'll need to forward a port to your router click here. However, there is a good chance that your ISP blocks ports that Azureus and other torrent apps use - ask them. Vista's firewall blocks by default - check its settings, it might have been turned on by the updates.

retro_hood 18:14 31 Jul 2007

Ok thanks for your advice but I'm checking my router as the problem on another thread. I never had my firewall on so saying I never changed any settings doesnt mean I had it on.Just to clarify that with you.

Nevertheless I will just presume that no Vista Update will block such programs asAzureus by defualt with or without a Firewall.

Kate B 18:56 31 Jul 2007

I wouldn't have thought so. Hope you get your router sorted.

keithbelson 13:38 03 Aug 2007

Im guessing its a firewall problem because azureus is working fine for me on Vista. I did have to allow UP strings on my firewall though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?