Vista Audio probleme !

TheProto 23:20 09 Jan 2008

All audio on my computer have stopped !
I have no more sound of any kind. It just sudenly stopped while I was playing a game. Thought it was just a small prob first so I did a reboot... It didn't come back. Re-Installed the motherboard Audio Drivers and still nothing came. Checked everywhere there was no mute on or anything like this.

So I just formated and Re-Installed Vista.
Everything is fine, I install the Audio Drivers, And even after formating... Still no sound !!!!!

I doubt that the soundcard is borken or anything because each time I plug in a Headset or Loudspeakers in the Jack the it tells me that everything is ok, the drivers install correctly.

There is one thing that is suspicious, ever since that problem started, vista keeps tellin me that I have a new Hardware that ins't installed : something like - Simplified communications PCI controler (my vista is in French ;( so i don't know the exact name) But I haven't added anything or De-Installed any drivers so I don't know where that comes from. the problem is that he can't find the driver for this unknown hardware I tried with every drivers I have and nothing seems to work.

I have

MotherBoard : Intel DQ35JOE, Q35 (soundcard = RealTek)

I don't know what to do !! Need Help ;)

TheProto 23:28 09 Jan 2008

What I really want to know is if my motherboard Soundcard could be dammaged or even who knows the Jackplug....

mrwoowoo 01:22 12 Jan 2008

The pci simple communication controller is usually something like a dial up modem,so nowt to do with the sound issue.
What is your sound card? and what driver version are you using?
Have you disabled the onboard sound on the motherboard incase of conflict?
Can you try it with headphones or another set of speakers?

TheProto 13:23 12 Jan 2008

well the problem is fixed, the soundcard was busted, so i had to buy a new one....
But thx for your help anyway :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone