vista & anti virus

sunny staines 12:39 11 Nov 2006

click here

this seems pure fantasy about vista security make your own minds up.

Forum Editor 13:39 11 Nov 2006

I hate people saying "This is so secure you don't have to worry". Being proud of your product is one thing, asking for trouble is another thing altogether.

I wish Microsoft would just launch the software and let it stand on its own two feet. Vista is not going to be a pushover for the boys and girls in 'viruses R us'. It has some seriously-effective security features, but saying it's bomb-proof is just silly, and doesn't help those who will be buying a computer for the first time.

phil46 01:07 12 Nov 2006

AVG antivirus now works on Vista 32bit but for some reason doesn't work to well on Vista 64bit you reboot and you get unable to load the AVG kernel product can not run!!!!

sunny staines 10:45 12 Nov 2006

click here

microsoft not happy with mr allchin he now has a touch of the seconds on what he said.

Forum Editor 18:20 12 Nov 2006

had a word in his shell-like ear.

It is often thus when a huge company lets executives spout in public. They go off-message, and have to be hauled in front of sir, given a dressing down, and told to get back out there and clean up the mess they made. At least, that's what I think happened here.

Let's get Vista out in the userbase Jim, then we can all talk from practical experience.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone