Using a windows key activation more than once

nodi 07:37 30 Nov 2014

Hello

When I bought my laptop it came with an original windows and there is an activation key at the bottom of the laptop I already formatted my laptop and used it once can I use format it again and still use the key? and is it limited or not? because I remember I had an anti-virus and the key was limited for 3 uses only a little help would be very appreciated people,

Thank you.

onthelimit1 08:52 30 Nov 2014

You can reinstall as many times on the original machine as you want. There is a possibility that online activation may not work, but, in that situation, I've always been able to do it over the telephone activation system.

wee eddie 08:54 30 Nov 2014

The Key is limited to a Single Computer. Load it onto another Computer and the First will become invalid.

Your Anti Virus Key may have been limited to 3 Computers. Not as you appear to have interpreted it as, 3 separate loadings on the same Computer.

wee eddie 08:55 30 Nov 2014

The Key is limited to a Single Computer. Load it onto another Computer and the First will become invalid.

Your Anti Virus Key may have been limited to 3 Computers. Not as you appear to have interpreted it as, 3 separate loadings on the same Computer.

wee eddie 08:56 30 Nov 2014

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Sorry - too early

nodi 09:24 30 Nov 2014

Really thank you guys that was very helpful

spuds 11:55 30 Nov 2014

"I've always been able to do it over the telephone activation system."

I have also used this method successfully on occasions. A very simple process.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?