User Profile Service service error

bigfooted 16:01 26 Mar 2014
Answered

Hi, I have been unable to log in on my Medion computer which runs Windows7 Home Premium. When I start the system up it opens at a log in page requiring the entry of my password. For some reason the system will not accept my password and a message appears saying ' User Profile Service service failed. Unable to complete log in procedure.'. The system then returns me to the log in page. I have checked the information I am entering and it is correct, I have tried switching everything of and re-booting but all to no avail. I have never had this problem before and was using the system yesterday, 25/03/2014 with no problems. The computer is home use only and not part of a network. Any help gratefully accepted.

bigfooted 16:38 26 Mar 2014
Answer

Hi Jock1e, thanks for the advice. I have just run the system in safe mode (it accepted the password with no problems), and then ran 'System Restore'. I also accessed the control panel / user accounts and deleted my access password and this appears to have solved the issue. I will run my Kaspersky program to check for virus but I do recall a 'critical' update from microsoft yesterday, and it would not be the first time that one of their 'critical updates' totally jammed up my system. The system restore point I used was 24hrs before this update and now every thing is working o.k.. Thanks again for the advice, as I said , gratefully received. bigfooted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?