User Account Control

Steve Lowe 14:14 25 Feb 2008

I have just updated to Vista Business and everytime i go to open Quickbooks i get a message on the screen to allow or deny access. Can i go anywhere and let the system know that this software is ok ?

Thanks

BurrWalnut 14:27 25 Feb 2008

You can turn off UAC by going to Control Panel > User Accounts and click 'Turn User Account Control on/off'.
To prevent the security pop-up in the System Tray, right-click the red shield (or Control Panel > Security Center) and click 'Change the way Security Center......' then choose 'Don't notify me and don't........'.

However, you don’t have to turn UAC off, you can stop the prompt without UAC losing its security strengths, in Vista Home Basic and Vista Home Premium go to the Windows Orb (Start), type regedit, press Enter and navigate to registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System and change the value of ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin to 0 (zero) from 2.

It’s prudent to create a system restore point before making any changes just in case something goes wrong.

sinbads 18:02 25 Feb 2008

Unfortunately UAC is unable to learn even with valid programs.........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?