usb adapters

ovlov 11:15 16 Dec 2007

My adapter needs resetting after about an hour and i lose connection could i install another usb adapter to back up the first one? its really annoying.

anskyber 12:05 16 Dec 2007

When you "reset" it can you explain what you are doing?

ovlov 12:13 16 Dec 2007

Not alot it happens whatever i am doing and even when i am doing nothing. I switch computer on check emails, leave it for a while (hour or so)come back to it to find the adapter needs to be reset or as vista says reset adapter to fix intermittent problem. As i have been typing this it has just gone again for the third time this morning, and i have been on line since approx 8.00am

Totally-braindead 13:34 16 Dec 2007

I have the same problem I think but not with a USB adaptor with a router.

I've never got a solution for it. If I use the PC on the internet its perfect and will stay connected. Leave it for a hour or so and when I come back it won't connect. If I open Internet Explorer 4 or 5 times it eventually connects.

I've checked everything I can think of power setting and anything else that could power it down but I haven't found a solution.

I'm still fairly certain its some sort of power down issue to save using power but am at a loss as to what causes it.

Incidently when I was using my old Sagem USB modem to connect to BB it never happened but it wasn't always on as the router is you had to choose to connect when you powered the PC on.

I would check your power settings in control panel, set everything to always on in the first instance and see if the problem dissappears.

Totally-braindead 13:34 16 Dec 2007

Incidently I'm on XP not Vista.

ovlov 13:43 16 Dec 2007

thanks but that was one of the first things i did i have tried altering the channel on my hub and there is no difference whatever channel it is set to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?