Upgrade Vista Premium to Ultimate

domino12 15:49 19 Jul 2007

After the above upgrade my two cd/dvd players are not recognised.Only solution I have found is to reinstall Vista Premium. I would be glad to hear about it if anyone has found a fix for this.
Thanks in advance.

IntoPCs 15:55 19 Jul 2007

Did you check under device manager - any yellow marks indicating driver problems?
When you upgraded was it a different disc or just a new licence/serial number?

domino12 17:54 19 Jul 2007

Yes..yellow marks on both... the error report said unable to load drivers.... they were diferent manufacturers....So I guess the fault lies with Vista. The upgrade was from the same disc... I just bought a new licence number.

sunny staines 18:45 19 Jul 2007

what makes are the drives

IntoPCs 23:05 19 Jul 2007

Were you connected to the Internet when you upgraded? Vista checks for updates to drivers while installing.
But if you have auto update turned on now it should have tried to upate the drivers since Ultimate has been in use.
Go to Control Panel/Windows Update and see if there are any 'optional' updates available thatmay be relevant and then click 'View Update History' and see if any of the updates ae marked unsuccessful - if so attempt to re-download

Jojikiba 00:38 20 Jul 2007

Buy a copy of Driver Detective (or try the free trial)

click here

It will get the drivers you need for you.

domino12 07:14 20 Jul 2007

Thanks for your interest.
I'm back on Premium...one of the few people apparently, who really love Vista.
I ordered a new disk with the upgrade so I'll have another go at installing Ultimate when (if?) that arrives.
I've been using DriverAgent but it looks like Driver Detective is more effective.
At the moment I'm wondering why I bothered with the upgrade. Still you never know...fingers crossed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?