Updates Reverting Changes how long will it take?

Mabinogion 22:59 04 Jun 2014

Hello I have just downloaded some updates for Windows 8 on a friend's laptop and there were 14 updates so downloaded and installed but now the message says after restart 'Failure to configure updates Reverting Changes do not turn off your pc ~ and it's been like that for ages with the little circle going around and around but then it goes to sleep so never completes and starts again so how long will it take? to be honest I don't think it's going to do anything else. I cannot get into the system as F8 won't work so just stuck on this screen. I really think this is bad of Microsoft sending out these duff updates because if I can't sort this out then it will cost £40 or more for the pc shop to sort it out for my friend and more worryingly I have a Windows 8.1 laptop and am afraid to do the updates now, I don't use it very often as I am on the Desktop at the moment Windows 7 ~ So what can I do? is there anyway out of this? I thought if I leave it on long enough it would 'revert changes' but it's been on all day and I left it on while I popped out but when I came back it had gone to sleep so I imagine it started off from the beginning. Thanks for any replies :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?