Update KB2977320 returns error A7F8CE4 or 80070002

thorion 06:37 21 Dec 2014

Hi. I have tried multiple time times to install this update and am currently out of options. My rig is x64 windows 8.1. Solutions tried so far: sfc /scannow dism /online /cleanup-image /restoreHealth dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

Both the commands show there's no corrupted files in the system. So then i tried re-installing SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 and then installing SP3. Then I tried Fix Windows Update, all to no avail. What should i do now?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:56 21 Dec 2014

To reset the Windows Update components, follow these steps: Open a Windows Command Prompt Windows. To open a command prompt, click Start and then click Run. Copy and paste (or type) the following command in the Open box and then press ENTER:

cmd Stop the BITS service and the Windows Update service. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press ENTER after you type each command. net stop bits net stop wuauserv

then run the Fixit again

thorion 13:08 21 Dec 2014

Hi Fruit Bat, thanks for replying. I did as you asked: Open Command prompt with administrative privileges. NET STOP BITS - It returned "The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service is not started" NET STOP WUAUSERV - It returned "The windows update service was stopped successfully" Then i ran fixit. But it still gives the same errors when i try to update

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:01 21 Dec 2014

Ok switch the services back on and retry.

type services.msc in the search box

scroll down to the

Background Intelligent service and click start make sure it is set to automatic

do the same for the update service.

thorion 05:15 22 Dec 2014

Tried that but it still shows the same error.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:07 22 Dec 2014

Have a read here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

There’s more to Finnish artist Tove Jansson than creating the Moomins

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder la Coupe du monde de rugby à XIII en direct ?