UNSAVE passwords in Vista

h1mason 09:43 04 Jun 2008

When I set up my computer it was only used by me, so in order to save time, I told Windows to remember all my passowrds for webmail and other frequently visited sites, and log me in automatically.

However, my computer is now to be used by several others and I do not want others to be able to automatically log themselves in as me.

How do I 'unsave', or delete these passwords, or give Windows Vista the instruction NOT to save the passwords?

sinbads 12:26 04 Jun 2008

Control pannel /user accounts changes can be made there

h1mason 13:59 05 Jun 2008

Thanks - However......I have been to 'User accounts' and selected 'Manage network passwords' but the following screen 'Stored user names and passwords' is blank, with the 'Remove' and Edit' buttons both greyed out, and the 'Add' button enabled.

It appears not to have stored anything but I am still being logged in automatically and if I type a different password to the one which pops into the 'password' field, Windows says 'This does not match the stored password - do you want Windows to store the new password?'

Is there a way of revealing the passwords (I am the administrator)

sinbads 16:34 05 Jun 2008

Sorry can't help you with that

peter99co 21:10 05 Jun 2008

When online at your home page. Choose tools and delete browsing history.You are then able to delete temp files,cookies,history,saved passwords.

h1mason 17:31 08 Jun 2008

Thanks Peter, that has done the trick!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?