uninstall prog in vista

nickyjane 20:14 24 Sep 2007

Hi Guys

How do i uninstall a program from vista. I have tried till i'm blue in the face. Keep getting a message saying "do have have sufficent access to uninstall program contact system administrator". It is on my granddaughters laptop and she is the only user account on it. Thanks

rawprawn 16:29 27 Sep 2007

Turn User account Control Off
Control Panel>User Accounts>Turn UAC On or Off
Turn it back on when you have done.

skidzy 18:49 27 Sep 2007

Nicky please keep all response to the original thread and not create mutiple threads on the same topic.
click here
this will help us to help you.

nickyjane 21:23 27 Sep 2007

Skidzy

Thank you for your comments are they are duly noted.The lack of a response to my question led me to belive that after three days of posting my question on the Vista site and not receiving any replies I thought that nobody knew the answer, and did not think that people went back that amount of time to look at questions.

Yours

Nickyjane

skidzy 23:08 27 Sep 2007

As rawprawn says if you do not want to follow my advice in the other thread...dont blame you really.
OK;

To turn UAC off:

1. Click Start
2. Click Control Panel
3. Click User Accounts and Family Safety
4. Click User Accounts
5. Click Turn User Account Control On or Off
6. Uncheck the checkbox
7. Click OK

You will need to restart your computer for the change to take effect. This change affects all accounts on the computer, not just yours.

Then try to remove your program.

Same procedure to turn UAC back on.

Probabilitydrive 17:04 28 Sep 2007

Uninstall issues are (sometimes) resolved by:
Downloading the troublesome programme again and then uninstalling it using the control panel.
This worked in my case for uninstalling 'SuperAntiSpyware' (a very good programm by the way - I just had too many Anti-Spyware programmes running).

nickyjane 22:57 28 Sep 2007

Have followed Rawprawn and Skidzy instructions but still keep getting told i don't have permission to access program to un-install it.

jakimo 01:46 29 Sep 2007

Go to user accounts in the control panel. Select a "new account type" by ticking the administrator box, This is in adition to skidzy`s instructions

nickyjane 21:42 29 Sep 2007

Hi Guys, have followed JAKIMO, RAWPRAWN and SKIDZY instructions to the letter, but still unable to un-install realplayer, am I asking for to much

tullie 10:16 30 Sep 2007

As an experiment i tried to uninstall Real Player from all programs,using its own uninstaller.
No probs at all

Flying Grouse 23:18 30 Sep 2007

Give this a try

To take full ownership:
1. Right click file, select properties.
2. Hit security tab, select advanced
3. Click owner tab, the hit edit (accept the UAC pop-up box)
4. Select your username, click OK, accept the pop up box, then OK out of all dialogue boxes

To take full control
1. Right click file, select properties.
2. Hit security tab, then click on your username.
3. Hit edit, then click on your username on the pop up screen
4. Check the box marked "full control" under the allow heading
5. OK out of all dialogue boxes

Now you have ownership and full control of that file.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017