Unable to use certain CD-ROMs with windows 8

melpear 16:53 27 Sep 2013

My wife uses pre-loaded CD-ROM’s for making greetings cards; we print off images which are stored on the CD’s. We use several different producers of these & they cost about £20 each, with one particular make, whenever we play one of their CD’s & get to a certain point, an image from another CD appears, which is one I have not used for 12 months. I have been in touch with the manufacturer & they state that all of their CD-ROM’s are closed and cannot be written onto so this rules out faulty CD’s. They suggest & I quote ‘that the image could be stuck or copied across somewhere in the RAM or onto the CD-Drive’. I upgraded from XP to Windows 8 (clean installation) last December but strangely the image which is being carried across was created in May last year. Given the above is there any method I can remove the offending image from either the RAM or CD-Drive as the manufacturers seem to be baffled.

rdave13 19:21 27 Sep 2013

I think we're all baffled by this, hence my 'shot in the dark' suggestion that indexing might be corrupted, in the other thread. Image shows as tagged in the optical drive???

Last resort would be to backup everything you can think of and reset Win 8.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?