Unable to install games

TruffleSniffer 16:37 14 May 2007

I have installed a maxtor external HD 320g to store games on after a successful start by installing five games I unfortunately pulled the usb connection on re connecting I find that the HD is no longer Drive E this has switched to Removable disk and my hard drive has now come back in as Drive F the games on the Ext HD will still play but I cant get any other games to install on to this drive although it has over 295g free my comp just shows as insufficient disc space as my comps internal drive is 75% full loads of free space available but wont let install anything else on this drive F. The removable disc in E shows ST340014A ATA Device as disc drive.Anyone any ideas?? Cheers.

Genius1 13:51 17 May 2007

Are you logged on as an Administrator, because UAC (User Account Control) may be preventing you write access to the drive. Try right clicking on the drive, and changing the settings under the Security tab.

TruffleSniffer 15:32 17 May 2007

Thanks for the tip Genius1 I had to delete the removable disc drive and re name F as E it appears to be working ok but now I have a drive F discribed as removable disc drive with nothing in but every thing seems to be working.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?