UAC dark screen but no dialogue box HELP!

tazxxx 12:36 07 Sep 2007

Yesterday my Vista Ultimate install started to play up, and a quick search told me this was the place to help me.

Basically the UAC dialogue box will not appear. Whenever I try to install a program or change any setting vista deems as a potential security risk the screen goes dark and normally a dialogue box appears for me to allow or deny the action. However, the box does not appear any more, but the screen still goes dark and I cannot click anything.
Also, the language bar sometimes pops up for some reason (UK English/Us English-I think it's the one that changes the keyboard country type). This makes me think it could possibly a display issue?

Anyway theres no way for me to accept it-Enter does not work, and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete out of it.
I do have a dual monitor setup, but it's only recently that the problem has occured, it worked fine before.
The monitors are of different resolutions...but I don't see how it could really be related?

Also, I have looked into ways to disable UAC, (such as the 5 at click here) , but all of them require me to accept the dialogue box first, which I cannot see...

Any comments/suggestions/help are appreciated, I like to think I know my way around most computer problems, but this one has me stumped and I cannot find any information about this happened to anyone else..I'm seriously considering going back to XP.

tazxxx 10:59 08 Sep 2007

Turns out it was actually a problem with a skype addon, more detail including how to fix it is at click here, if anyone else has this problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?