TrialPay with Zonealarm

cowgirl66 10:32 08 Jul 2007

Is it so that one can use Trial Pay with the new ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 7.1? Only when I click on the Free Firewall (Vista compatible) it says you can try the Security Suite instead with Trial Pay for a year.

Surely they don't lead you into thinking that the two products serve the same platforms if it weren't so? The trouble is I can't see anywhere in the sign-up process what version of the Security Suite this is.

Anybody any ideas at all

Thanks cowgirl66

Totally-braindead 11:14 08 Jul 2007

Haven't looked aty it myself as I use free programs not trials. Most trials are usually only for 30 days and after that you have to buy it or remove it.
Its up to you what you choose, if you want to go free then a free firewall and antivirus will do or you could even use Vistas firewall as I believe it is much better than XPs one.
If I was going to buy a package, and personally I don't see the need, but if I was I would be looking at Kaspersky click here the only reason I say that is that in all the tests I have seen over the past year or so they are rated as about the best. The only other one I would consider as a purchase would be NOD32 click here

If this is what you're on about click here it states quite clearly its a 15 day trial.

anskyber 11:17 08 Jul 2007

If you are looking for the free Vista compatible firewall you need version 7.1.

The page I think you are talking about is this one click here which gives a free security suite. BUT, it is version 6.5 and is not Vista compatible.

cowgirl66 11:29 08 Jul 2007

Yes that is the page I was talking about. The cheek of it is, I got to it by clicking on a link especially for Vista-related products. Thank you for confirming what I thought though; that one can easily be fooled into downloading the wrong version for the right 'Vista'

I'm using Bullguard at the moment which hasn't yet sorted out it's Vista firewall. I was simply looking for a stand-along firewall when I came across this link.

Vista users, beware!

Totally-braindead 11:58 08 Jul 2007

Not being funny here, but if you're happy enough with Bullguard and are just seeking a firewall why not just disable the Bullguard firewall till it gets sorted and use the Vista inbuilt one instead?

Totally-braindead 12:01 08 Jul 2007

Having read the link anskyber gave, it seems to me that you might be opening yourself open to lots of unwanted offers from their affiliates and I would consider them spam. Regardless of whatever version you were offered I wouldn't take up the offer and would prefer to pay.

Kate B 12:59 08 Jul 2007

You don't need a third-party firewall with Vista: its own firewall is fine. Also remember that if you have a router, it acts as a hardware firewall too.

cowgirl66 13:08 08 Jul 2007

Perhaps I should have mentioned that I am currently running the Vista firewall. The Bullguard Security Suite especially geared for Vista alone doesn't yet have its firewall sorted and I'm awaiting for the release date.

And as stated, I only wanted to find a stand-alone firewall when I clicked on the link showing the free ZA suite; and it got me interested.

I'm always one for searching for the best as we all are. I simply wanted a replacement for the Vista firewall because I have read some other user's threads in this forum that it isn't quite as good as others.

And no, I don't have a router.

Regards cowgirl66

Kate B 13:34 08 Jul 2007

Vista's firewall does the same as any other: it monitors both inbound and outbound traffic according to the rules you define. There's really no need to add another one - it's just more stuff on your hard drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone