transfer files

picklsey 10:53 18 Feb 2007

i can,t work out how to send files to my backup drive.the drive f,i can send files from drive f to drive c(vista)but can,t send from vista to f.i am dual booting with xp,when i am on xp i don,t have a problem.right click send to f done.no option to send to f in vista.it,s an internal h/d.
hope this makes sence.thanks.

anskyber 10:59 18 Feb 2007

Have you tried Control Panel, System and Maintenance, Back up and Restore Center, Back Up Files?

picklsey 11:02 18 Feb 2007

not yet will try it now let you know how i get on.thanks again.

picklsey 11:07 18 Feb 2007

had a look from what i can see this wants to backup everything,what i was hoping to do was send for example some photo,s or one music file to it as you would with xp.ie right click send to.thanks again.

picklsey 13:06 18 Feb 2007

ok mind went blank forgot simple copy & paste.going back to bed now and hopefully i,ll get up with brain working.

anskyber 13:43 18 Feb 2007

Just a further thought.

Not wishing to be insulting but my "send to" function works OK with my external HDD but it will only appear in the options if it is switched on.

picklsey 15:15 18 Feb 2007

my external appears in the options aswell but the one i was trying to use send to for is an internal drive and there is no send to option for it.i can use the send to to send stuff to vista drive but no option in vista.still i can use copy and paste.

thanks for the thought though.

anskyber 15:26 18 Feb 2007

This may work even though it's for XP. click here

anskyber 15:27 18 Feb 2007

This looks even easier click here

picklsey 15:41 18 Feb 2007

thanks again first one i used with xp but i can,t get into it in vista.second one when i try it denies me access.thanks for having a look though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone