Toshiba laptop not connecting to internet

bramblebeach 10:07 04 Sep 2017
Answered

My Toshiba 150-c-14x was connecting to internet. Yesterday, got message there was no internet connection. It is not in flight mode and all other appliances (including desktop) are connecting. I use BT Home Hub 5-HN3J. Any ideas? Thanks

wee eddie 12:11 04 Sep 2017

You have not told us much about this message.

Beware that it might be some kind of attempt to defraud you.

chub_tor 14:45 04 Sep 2017

Go to Control Panel, Network and Internet, Network and Sharing Centre, View Network Status and Tasks, Trouble shoot problems and see if you can repair your network,

bramblebeach 13:24 05 Sep 2017

Done a network troubleshoot several times. No result, just says there is no internet connection

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:34 05 Sep 2017

Reset router and retry

bramblebeach 12:33 08 Sep 2017

how do I do this?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:10 08 Sep 2017

click here try a restart of the hub first

if that doesn't work then do a full reset but it will mean you will have to put in any changes you made to the basi settings i.e. if you changed the router name (SSID) or admin username or password click here

alanrwood 10:45 09 Sep 2017
Answer

F/B

Why reset the router. OP says it is working fine with all his/her other hardware.

bramblebeach 10:07 11 Sep 2017

Tried all suggestions, still no luck, so taking laptop to the tech guys. Very many thanks to all who tried to help

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017