Taskpane/File&Folder Tasks/Move the File facility?

Brumas 20:47 25 Nov 2007

I have used the search facility but can’t seem to find what I am seeking.I must admit I have not read all the pages neither!!

I have just upgraded to Vista Home Premium and I think it is going to be marvellous. However, on the left in every explorer window in XP there used to be a task pane/File and Folders Tasks/move the file option which I found invaluable for moving bunches of files from folder to folder at a stroke.
I can’t find this facility on the left now and, I find having to select/edit/move to folder a lot more ‘cumbersome’ – I know it is a minor gripe but I do wish that facility was available – perhaps it is and I haven’t found it yet?

anskyber 22:10 25 Nov 2007

Do you mean the options available by right clicking on the file?

Brumas 22:26 25 Nov 2007

Yes, I right-click the 2 or 3 files and select them, then I have to go to edit/move to which brings up the Move Items pane, I then navigate to where I want to move them to and finally I move them I found the XP way a lot quicker - unless I am doing it wrong, which is a strong possibility ;o(

anskyber 05:55 26 Nov 2007

It's a bit different, after choosing your file(S) then select "organise" from the toolbar.

Brumas 09:16 26 Nov 2007

What then - there is still no option to Move the File? I'll just have to stick to selecting the files and cut and pasting them into the recipient folder I have already opened. I prefer the old, and in my opinion, more efficient XP method :o(
Sorry for the minor rant, it is not aimed at you.

anskyber 10:54 26 Nov 2007

Ooops! I forgot I also did this click here

Brumas 12:38 26 Nov 2007

Thank you, that seems to be what I need however it looks a little complicated so I shall probably wait until my son visits and he will do it for me.

Brumas 12:57 26 Nov 2007

I thought 'hang about' I can do this if I follow the very clear concise instructions (I have never done a change to the registry before) and lo and behold - it worked perfectly.

Thanks once again anskyber

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?