system restore not working problem

gerryp25 22:49 31 May 2014

Hi, I am having problems with a program called 123 Gold, this is a programme which enables a film to be converted to android tablet. I have had this program working but now it doesn't. I contacted 123 gold in the USA and after 90 mins they thought that the problem might be in my computer. They suggested running system restore, I did this but system restore said it could not complete this process due to some fault it had picked up. It quoted some file which I can't remember but I could run it again if anyone thinks it would help Is there anyone out there that could offer any suggestions

gerryp25 22:57 01 Jun 2014

Hi Jock1e, just done as you suggested but it still won't work, I am getting reference to 0x80070057 Thanks for efforts

woodchip 12:13 02 Jun 2014

Have you tried another date further back

gerryp25 22:56 03 Jun 2014

For some reason there aren't any more dates available, I have gone back as far as I can

Secret-Squirrel 08:55 04 Jun 2014

Don't click on lavrentyireny's link as it's a Word document that appears to contain a malicious macro.

I've notified the Forum Editor.

Secret-Squirrel 15:54 04 Jun 2014

".....not sure what he is up to."

He was trying to get us all infected :(

The link he posted was a direct one to a Word document. The only text in that document was a message to enable Word macros. If the user had done that then a VBA script would run that downloads and installs malware.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?