Stuck at black off screen even after formatting

oliverm91 14:13 18 Dec 2014

A few days ago I started to have an unusual pattern on my PC. It turned off it's screen but I could still hear the processor and fans. Moving the mouse, typing or pressing the power button wouldn't turn the screen on, only long-pressing the power button to force a shut down would let me use my notebook.

It can be triggered by leaving my PC at iddle state (going out from my pc for a couple of minutes), closing my notebook (when I reopened it, the notebook wasn't sleep or hibernating, it was in this weird bugged state) or trying to turning the notebook off (it get stucked about 3 seconds after logging out). Restarting the notebook won't trigger this bug.

So, as I couldn´t find a Fix (I googled about it a couple of days) I decided to format it, install Windows 8.1 (same version I had before), update it, update BIOS, install Intel and AMD last graphic Drivers, but I still have the same problem.

Note: the black screen that comes before log in screen is taking about 23 seconds, I think that's over what it is supposed to (the PC is just formatted)

My notebook is Acer Aspire V5-561G, Intel I7-4500U, AMD Radeon R7 M265.

PD: should I post this in the Graphics and Displays section also?

Hope you can help me,

Oliver

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:08 18 Dec 2014

A few days ago I started to have an unusual pattern on my PC. It turned off it's screen but I could still hear the processor and fans

points to graphics problem - driver - screen cable - or screen - or graphics chip.

(going out from my pc for a couple of minutes), closing my notebook (when I reopened it, the notebook wasn't sleep or hibernating, it was in this weird bugged state)

check power options in widows and BIOS make sure it is set not to turn off the screen

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?